Master Tung's Acupuncture was initially a closely guarded oral tradition that was exclusively passed down within the Tung’ family. Master Tung broke this tradition and accepted his first disciple outside the family in 1962 in Taipei. In 1973, he published the first textbook, Dong Shi Zhen Jiu Zheng Jing Qi Xue Xue (董氏针灸正经奇穴学) which is translated as Tung’s Extraordinary Acupoints on Ordinary Channels. Based on his experience and for the purpose of teaching. Since then, Master Tung's acupoints system has gained a tremendous amount of momentum and popularity. It is currently one of the most sought after and highly esteemed schools of acupuncture, characterized by its simplicity, ease of use, and great clinical efficacy.
Why is MTA worthy learning?
1) It shows another way to understand points from the first acupuncture classic Huang Di Ming Tang Jing (Yellow Emperor's Bright Hall Classic) published appr. 138 BC-106AD, i.e. points distributed by zone rather than in a meridian.
2) It has a direct effect on a targeted organ, tissue, and pathogen e.g. ovary point, liver gate, brain, San Chong -Three Levels for tumor due to Qi stagnation, phlegm and blood stasis.
3) MTA can enhance the effects by selecting 2 or 3 acupoints at the same area at the same time, e.g. Si Ma – Three Horses for various lung diseases, Xia San Huang – Lower Three Emperors for various kidney diffidence disorders.
4) Only few points are used, usually points in two regions and combined based on the Sheng-Ke theory of five elements.
5) MTA points often have a smart location between channels, meaning that one point can regulate two channels.
Therefore, MTA points are especially effective in treating pain, chronic organ disorders with the combination of deficiency and excess e.g., asthma, Bi-syndrome, gynecological disorders, etc.
The course will cover the following points:
1) Introduction on MTA: history, characteristics, research
2) Mechanism: detailed explanation why do MTA points work, mainly based on theories you have learned, eg. five elements theory, Zangfu organs, 12 channels. Other supplementing explanations will also be employed to deepen your understanding of acupuncture: Extraordinary Connections between Zang and Fu organs e.g. lung-bladder, pericardium-stomach, Yijing and Ba Gua etc.
3) Needling techniques: Practice of pain-free inserting esp. on fingers, Qi moving
4) Selected 52 points including hand to hand point location, indications, points combinations
5) Clinic use and protocols: philosophy to choose points e.g. how to use the Sheng-Ke relationship to combine points, choose spleen points to treat kidney deficiency based the principle that “supplement the postnatal to supplement the prenatal”
6) Case studies and discussion
(Fr./Sa. 9:30 - 18:00, Su. 9:30 - 16:30)
Basic knowledge of Chinese Medicine & acupuncture
Credits: 16 UE (à 45 Min.) / 12 Hours
Lecturer: Dr. Zhang Hui
Tomberger Str.27, 53359 Rheinbach
1) Standard: 356 € (early-birds-price 345€)
2) Members of AGTCM and SGTCM Alumni: 285€ (early-birds-price 276€)
* early-birds-price: registration before 05.02.2024
Dozent: Dr. Hui Zhang
Ph.D med of Chinese Medicine, Chengdu University of TCM (China)
Licensed Chinese Medicine Physician and Acupuncturist (China)
Lecturer, Akupunkturakademiet (Denmark), and Chengdu University of TCM (China)
Registered Acupuncturist (RAB) (Denmark)
Member of PA (Praktiserende Akupunkturer) , (Denmark)
Specialties of Hui Zhang
Dr. Hui Zhang applies various acupuncture methods depending on individuals condition including, TCM acupuncture, WHO Standard Scalp Acupuncture, AAP (arm acupressure point), Master Tung’s Acupuncture, Military Pingheng Acupuncture, pestle needles (Taoist Acupuncture), Heat Sensitive Moxibustion, Tui Na (Chinese Medical Massage), Guasha, Cupping, Electricity Acupuncture, and Chinese Herbal Medicine, Chinese Medicine Psychology, etc. He also uses Evidence-based methods in practice. He has good experience in treating the following disorders:
Unsere Partnerhochschule in Hangzhou, China -ZCMU
Aus-/Weiterbildungen zertifiziert durch AGTCM e.V.
Verbandschule des BDH e.V.
Weiterbildungen zertifiziert durch den TCM Fachverband Schweiz.
Um über Neuigkeiten informiert zu werden, können Sie unseren Newsletter abonnieren.