Course number: W190904
Date: 14./15.09.2019 (Sa./So.)
(Sa.:10:00--18:00, So.: 9:00--16:00 )
Basic knowledge of Chinese medicine & acupuncture
Language: English (leicht verständliches Englisch)
Location: Wachsbleiche 8-9, 53111 Bonn, Germany
President of the polish acupuncture association (PTTMC)
Iza Miętka graduated in philosophy and sociology at the University of Wroclaw.
In 2013 she completed a 4-year course of Chinese medicine at the Institute of Chinese Medicine and Prophylactics of Health in Krakow and volunteered at the Free Clinic in Nepal.
Chinese medicine became her passion and work. She runs her own practice in Warsaw specialising in gynecological and infertility treatments and supporting women after child birth. Furthermore she is dealing with pain treatment, supporting patients with emotional and mental problems, treating children and supporting their development. She is a valued TCM therapist, using acupuncture and moxibustion, Gua Sha and Chinese herbal medicine - not only in the treatment of the body, but also the spirit, and in maintaining good health.
She intensively studies Chinese medicine with well-known Chinese medicine teachers such as Jani White, Caitlin Donovan, Anat Regev, Debra Betts and Jiri Bilek - gynecologists, obstetricians and infertility therapists, and Rani Ayal, Yair Maimon and Bartosz Chmielnicki.
She is sharing her knowledge and experience with students lecturing in Poland, Great Britain, Austria and other countries.
And Iza Miętka is the president of the polish acupuncture association PTTMC and one of the main organizers of the Chinese medicine congress in Krakow, Poland.
An invaluable source of wisdom for her is the deeper understanding of the meaning of man (human) living between heaven and earth. She focusses on showing what really is possible in therapy, where the exact locations of acupuncture points are, teaches humility and patience and shares the proof of the amazing effectiveness of Chinese medicine.
Acupuncture in Gynecology
Gynecology and obstetrics are very important branches of Chinese medicine. Already in the Classics, like in the Huang Di Nei Jing Su Wen, we find descriptions related to the female physiology, starting from the explanation of the individual stages of the reproductive development presented in seven-years cycles, through the analysis of the function of the uterus and its connections with other organs like heart and kidneys or extraordinary meridians, up to the methods of diagnosis and treatment of pathologies.
The long history and development of acupuncture in this field and the clinical practice, give us great opportunities to nowadays support women through proper understanding of their ailments and how to effectivly treatment them with Chinese Medicine.
This acupuncture course on gynecology is designed to understand the woman's physiology first and foremost.
The physiology part will cover the following aspects:
- Tian Gui and the cycles of 7 years in women
- Uterus as an extraordinary organ with the role it plays and its connections (Bao Mai, Bao Luo)
- Significance of extraordinary meridians: Ren Mai, Chong Mai, Du Mai, Dai Mai
- Meaning and function of heart, kidneys (Jing, Yin, Yang), liver and spleen
- The role of Yin and Yang and acupuncture in each phase of the cycle
- Analysis of the 4th phase of the menstrual cycle
- Very important – the role of Shen and emotions in fertility, pregnancy, puerperium and menopause.
This course includes the most common diseases such as:
- Cycle disorders: irregular cycle, amenorrhoea, dysmenorrhoea, uterine bleeding, premenstrual syndrome
- Disorders associated with infertility: endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, occurrence of fibroids, cysts
- Basic problems associated with the period of menopause.